Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Peter Paul Rubens

if you have some basic knowledge about art, then when you hear Rubens, you probably imagine dark colours and some big (okay, okay, fat is the right word) half-naked people

today I was reading one magazine, not reading, but rather turning the pages, because I had a headache (it is baaack) and was not in the mood to read

but the magazine has a lot of pictures:)

picture book for adults

not thaaaaaaaaaat kind of picture

:)

I already turned the page when sudden need to look at the last page forced me to open it again

it was Rubens' painting

as you know I am not a big fan of art, but this picture made me turn the page back and look at the painting for at least 5 minutes

and 5 minutes is an eternity nowadays

:)

I had too many questions considering the painting

starting with the name: The Hippopotamus and Crocodile Hunt

"wait, waaaaaaaaaaaaaat" was my reaction

where are the fat ladies, where are the portraits

only hippopotamus, only hardcore

:)

I still think hippopotamus is a funny word

the painting has a lot of details and if you have some time you can look at it more close

the hippopotamus (I'm still smiling), the horses (look at those eyes), the crazy man peeking from the underarm of another man, the probably dead man (try to stay alive, when crocodile and hippopotamus are standing on you) with huge strong arms, the weird dog (that look like a wolf), no-neck man the outstanding hippopotamus itself and lets not forget about crocodile

click on the picture to see it full size

this month The Hippopotamus and Crocodile Hunt is my favourite painting

No comments:

Post a Comment